Word Encounter and Power Service
Date: 16th July, 2023
Ministering: Pastor Wole Dahunsi
Theme: The Irresistible Power of the Spoken Word
Reference Texts: Proverbs 18:21; Hebrews 4:12
Watch the Recorded Video below:
Things to Note
- Words have creative power. (Genesis 2:20)
- Spoken words have lasting effects (either positive and negative)
Characteristics of Spoken Words
1. The spoken word is potent. (Ecclesiastes 8:4)
- Either spiritual or physical
- Either the Word of God or the word of the devil
2. The potency of spoken word is often a reflection of the authority of the speaker.
3. Spoken words are like arrows. Once released, it is very hard to have them retracted.
1. By spoken word, man was cursed to fall from glory to grass.
- The fall of Adam and Eve (Genesis 3)
- Man fell from glory to nonentity by spoken word.
2. It was by spoken word that the destiny of Noah was established by his father.
3. By spoken word, the life of Jabez got distorted through his mother.
(1 Chronicles 4:9-10)
4. By spoken word, David determined the end result of his battle with goliath.
(1 Samuel 17:45)
5. By spoken word, the Shunamite woman got her son healed.
(2 Kings 4:23)